søndag 17. oktober 2010

Frankie and catnip

Before I got Frankie I bought a catbed and a scratchingpost. I tried to get him to used them, but he didn't like them. He was actually afraid of the bed, and he only used the scratchingpost as a stand for scratching higher on the wall.
I tried everything to make him scratch the post instead of the wall, even holding his paws and "scratch" it. I saw stupid youtube-videos about clickers and rewarding your cat. Nothing worked.
So I came over some catnip at the store. Not in a spray, but the actual herb. They said I should rub it on the things I want him to like. After I took a handful of catnip and smeared it on his stuff he went crazy. He started rubbing his face in the bed he was afraid of and cuddling with his scratchingpost, but also scratching it.
You can even see him trying to make himself comfortable in his bed. He fails.

19 kommentarer:

  1. Haha. I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever get a cat and want him to like something.

    SvarSlett
  2. Is your cat sleeping in a hollowed out bigger cat!

    SvarSlett
  3. Yeah. The bed has a cats head. That's maybe why he was afraid of it :P

    SvarSlett
  4. That's an awesome kitty bed and an ever more awesome kitty.

    SvarSlett
  5. good catnip, i would by this if i'll have a cat

    SvarSlett
  6. that's a nice cat you got there

    SvarSlett
  7. What a cat! I have black cat too.

    SvarSlett
  8. looks like his bed is a little too small for him heheh

    SvarSlett
  9. lol awesome blog. i love cats. mine is black and named malcolm

    SvarSlett
  10. Your cat is pretty sweet, I wanna get one of the tiger striped ones :)

    SvarSlett
  11. awww such a cute cat, cats are the best animals yeaaaaa

    SvarSlett
  12. spraying a water bottle will get him to stop doing what you don't want him to do. Only takes 1 or 2 times.

    SvarSlett